In the fall of 1905, the missionary Superintendent of the German Nebraska Synod passed though Bloomfield, a twon of fifteen years.  During this visit, enough information was recieved to warrant the establishment of a new Lutheran congregagation.  SInce many German Lutheran families did not have connections with the existing church, Dr. Fredrick Rabe was sent to Bloomfield to organize a congregation.  In the afternnon of March 18, 1906, our first service was held in the congregational church.  Follwoing this service, at a brief meeting, by verbal agreement, Pastor Rabe assumed the responsibility for services every other SUnday at a salary of $500 per year.  On alternating SUndays, he held services at the Lutheran church in Randolph, Nebeaska.  The name of the new congregation was "Deutsche Evangelish Dreigaltigkeits Kirche".  While regular services were bring held at the Bloomfield's Opera House, plans were going forward for our church building.  On June 28, 1906, two lots of prarie (Blocks 30 & 31 in the Oric addition) were purchased for $840.  The building committee and contractor, with the help of many willing chucrh members had the building completed for Dedication Sevices on February 24, 1907.  Confirmation classes were held in the basement of the church.  O April 3, 1907, plans were made to build the parsonage.  When the building was completed, Rev. Rabe became out full time Pastor.  

The parish school house, built in 1909, was for the purpose of confirmationa dn Sunday School classes.  In later years, the school house was a meeting place for the Ladies Aid, Missionary Society and Luther League.  The piano in the school was won at a clothing store contest.  German Services were held until 1918 when it was voted to have one English service a month.  In 1931,  all services were in English and bazaars were served in the upstairs of the Bloomfield City hall.  In 1955, the Parish School House was sold to make room for the present St. Mark's Lutheran Church, which was dedicated December 23, 1956.  The chapel addition to the south was dedicated on April 26, 1998.

 

Other Pastors through the years included August Spieckerman, Martin Schroeder, Sr. H.O. Rhode, H.G. Knaub, Clarence J. Hansen, Hans R. Nelson, Marcille Jensen, Tom O. Miller, Nathan Swenson-Reinhold and Tim Koester. 

   November 2018   
SMTWTFS
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 
     
Upcoming Events
NOV

14

WED
Circle 2 Bible Study
meeting held at church
Circle 3 Bible Study
held at Sunset View
Circle1 Bible Study
9:00 AM
meet at Mainview Apartments
Confirmation
5:00 PM
NOV

15

THU
Communion-Mainview/Sunset View
1:30 PM to 3:00 PM
1:30 service at Mainview Apts and 2:15 service at Sunset View with Pastor Tim
NOV

16

FRI
Friday Cleaning Crew
9:00 AM
come enjoy coffee and rolls
NOV

17

SAT
Mobile Food Pantry
11:30 AM
every other month (Nov 2018 on--Dec 2018 off)
NOV

18

SUN
Worship
9:30 AM to 10:30 AM
We gather for prayer, praise, Word and Sacrament and then are Sent into the world to serve and love.
NOV

20

TUE
ELCA text study
10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Area pastors meet for study and worship
NOV

21

WED
GSH Communion Services
10:30 AM to 11:15 AM
Confirmation
5:00 PM
Bible Search
Contents © 2018 St. Mark's Evangelical Lutheran Church | Church Website Provided by mychurchwebsite.net | Privacy Policy